Updated on 9th November 2022
You can read it in Italian here
Every year a new Michelin guide with top Italian restaurants get published and every year people wonder which city will be the one with the most stars. In 2022/2023 Milan got 16 restaurants on the list. Do you want to know their names? Keep reading!
Michelin star restaurants in Milan
In 2022/2023 Milan has 16 star restaurants: one has 3 stars (the maximum you can have), two have 2 stars and thirteen have 1 Michelin star.
3 stars restaurants in Milan according to the Michelin guide
- Enrico Bartolini al Mudec, via Tortona 56
2 stars restaurants in Milan according to the Michelin guide
- Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia, via Privata Raimondo Montecuccoli 6
- Seta, Via Andegari, 9
1 star restaurants in Milan according to the Michelin guide
- Andrea Aprea, Via Silvio Pellico, 3 (new entry Guida Michelin 2022/23)
- Anima, Via Carlo de Cristoforis, 6 (new entry Guida Michelin 2022/23)
- AALTO Part Of IYO, Piazza Alvar Aalto
- L’Alchimia, viale Premuda 34 (you can read my review in Italian here: L’Alchimia)
- Berton, viale della Liberazione 13
- Cracco, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
- Contraste, via Giuseppe Meda 2
- Felix Lo Basso home & restaurant, angolo Menotti, Via Carlo Goldoni, 36
- Iyo, via Piero della Francesca 74 (you can read the review here: Iyo)
- Joia, via Panfilo Castaldi 18
- Sadler, via Cardinale Ascanio Sforza 77
- Tano Passami l’Olio, via Petrarca 4
- VIVA Viviana Varese – Eataly Milano Smeraldo piazza XXV Aprile 10 (you can read the review here: VIVA)
Bib Gourmand restaurants in Milan
- Le Nove Scodelle, Viale Monza, 4 (read my review in Italian: Nove Scodelle)
- Da Giannino, L’angolo d’Abruzzo, Via Rosolino Pilo, 20
- Serendib,Via Pontida, 2
- La cucina dei frigoriferi milanesi,Via Giovanni Battista Piranesi, 10
- Trippa, Via Giorgio Vasari, 1
- Dongiò, Via Bernardino Corio, 3
What is the meaning behind Michelin stars?
What does it mean when a restaurant has a Michelin star? 1 star means that a restaurant is very good, 2 stars means the restaurants is so good you should consider driving there if you are in the area, 3 stars means a restaurant is so good you should take a trip specifically to go there (eg: from London to Milan).
Read more about Michelin stars restaurants in Munich, Germany
Have you ever been to a Michelin star restaurant in Milan? Let me know on Facebook or Instagram!
Do you want to read something else? Read more about the best restaurants in Milan city centre and the best vegan and vegetarian ones.